Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fatigue

Ended up going to the St. Mark's Egyptian fest yesterday; my family affairs ran short and some friends were thinking of attending, so I suggested Chateau Mattie as the meeting place.  It was nice; not that large, food was decent (very Mediterranean), desserts were ok...one was quite good, the others, hit or miss.  I wouldn't mind a church tour (I was with secular types) and some of that discussion; it appears they have a whole list of places where the Holy Family "visited" during their sojourn in Egypt.  I've come to the conclusion that next summer I need to hit MORE of these places; it is good to get out and see some of the other ethnic fests around.

Tried to retire early last night, didn't, and am feeling it this morning.  Alas, alack.  I did the yard and the weed-whacking...some other minor chores, and continued to plug away at the next Powell book.  I ordered the last in the series from the library, just so I can move it up on the pile and finish off the series.

I watched Chuck Todd discuss -- briefly -- this AM about Trump; one of the guys pointed out that 70% of the GOP electorate isn't voting for the guy, which we need to remember, and that most of this support of his isn't exactly the GOP base...they seemed to think all of this affected the back of the GOP ticket more than the front, which I sort of agreed.  I'd like to think that if I was a GOPer, I wouldn't worry that much...on the other hand, Trump and dumb words is like scandal and the Clintons; there are so many of them, it comes out as just another one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home