Friday, August 07, 2015

Cleaning the decks

Odd day...worked from home in the AM, school supply delivery coordination in the late AM, lunch and shopping with Mom, work, then off to a winery for snax/drink with an old friend.  Came home and did some reading...and then decided to clean the shower.  And here I am...Tribe game is interesting, if nothing else.

I was a little surprised by the Tribe move, because a few weeks ago it was Swisher for Johnson, and now it was Swisher and Bourn and cash for the guy.  To be sure, I am as glad as anyone for the deal -- two bits of deadwood -- but I wonder what induced them (ok, it was the cash) to make the trade.  It does clear up a spot for someone (gives more time for Holt, hmmm) and gives us Johnson...not sure where he will play, either; Urshela has earned his spot at 3B with the glove and an acceptably useful bat.  Johnson can play first, but Santana is there, unless they swap out as 1B/DH.  Johnsom has had a good year before...but no one is expecting it again.

I think I am at the halfway point of Herodotus...I do like it, and it is interesting, but I think I will wait a bit before I plunge into Thucycides....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home