Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Events

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/south-lost-cause-confederacy-alabama-120914.html#.VcFtmvlVikp

I've always felt that MORE of these stories need to come to light; I mean, we tend to equate (or some do) the Confederates with noble freedom fighters, and maybe some of them were, but a good -- and very large -- share of them were really giant pieces of crap, putting it politely, and the sooner we get that down we can settle other issues.

In the meantime, the July OC stats (for three weeks): 388 client visits, 160 seniors, 579 adults, and 403 children.  Rah.  August will be busy, as I have duty and have to coordinate the school supply drive, which will simply be awesome...I only hope the school principal does not confiscate MORE than his fair share like last year, which caused some people (me) grief from bitching, and I think we all know how I feel about that.

Team XI participated in Battleground Brews yesterday...we didn't win.  Led til the final round, then there was a wager round -- J! style -- and we bet it all and missed it (a question about Democratic presidents, I gave myself a pass) and that was that.  Very sad.  On the other hand...it was at Portside Distillery...interesting.  That whole East Bank is all built up now with condos and such, so it looked really cool; on the other hand, it is half construction site, and like most of downtown, hard to get around and in and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home