Thursday, July 16, 2015

Costs

I watched "Gunga Din" last nite, which put me to 326 on the NFR list...I liked the film, though it was quite dated.  I could see why its 1939 release was problematic for the British Empire...very white man's burden, but the action scenes were fun, and there was enough humor in it -- albeit stock humor -- to keep you interested.  After "Cry of Jazz" Monday, it was a nice change.  I should have watched one tonight, but read and caught up on email.  Rah.

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/overbuilt-retail-has-left-dead-malls-strewn-across-northeast-ohio-will-severance-town-center-be-next/Content?oid=4607564

I get a kick out of these stories, since, let's face it, do you really think other suburbs care about each other?  I mean, not really, and certainly not those in the outer ring.  Retail is not sustainable for the People's Republic, but it is for Westlake and Medina...and let's face it, people will pay for the privilege of living there...and NOT for living in the PSRCH.  

Much sleeplessness lately.  In a word, uncool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home