Monday, June 22, 2015

Progression

I have to admit, I was a little surprised when Francona sent Bauer out there for the fourth; I mean, I understood why, but it was obvious he didn't have it tonight, and rather than continue to let him get nicked to death...you go to a new guy in a new game.  I think that is perhaps my strongest complaint about the guy; his confidence in his players means he goes to them far longer than he should.  I was a little surprised he didn't run for Perez in the 9th yesterday; I mean, I understand NOT wanting to use Gomes, but...a faster runner makes it a non-issue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/why-do-schools-slow-down-so-many-bright-children/2015/06/21/39992086-14a4-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html?postshare=4981434941335142

I don't know; I suspect that cost is one issue, and then of course no one wants to be told their kid isn't up to snuff.  And, it is easier to simply group kids together.  But...I think this is yet another reason why public schools struggle in a lot of areas; parents simply pull their kids out...and a lot of these parents are the go-getter types who would be active in their kids' lives...and in the school, to say nothing of voting for levies.  I realize, of course, my anti-Catholic school and suspicion of private schools made me guilty of forcing this... but I also think that public schools cannot improve dramatically until they are driven to it by competition...isn't this what all of us conservatives believe?

I have to admit...the drive to ban the Stars and Bars is wonderful; I mean, I've never understood why GOPers have left this symbol of Treason and Democracy hanging about..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home