Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Up and at em

It has been an odd mix of busy, sleeplessness, and films...ugh.  No, it's not been awful; I finished City of Nets and moved on to the last book in the Nevins series...I will miss it, as I like its comprehensiveness.  Movie-wise...

First was "Cat People." Odd, but interesting; I could see how it influenced other films made later on. Last night I watched "Rebel Without a Cause."  I thought it was ok...not sure why.  One thing I picked up on was the...intense longing, if you get my drift, between Sal Mineo and James Dean.  I mean, for all the talk of that...feeling...being present in "Spartacus," it was all over the place in this one.  I wonder if it was noticed then...

In the meantime, the family wants to know what we are doing for the bday, and I really have no idea...given the family palate, cost, and the general active tenor of life lately...I wish I had five years back, but that is not happening, so I will figure something out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home