Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ugliness

I've moved on to the next book in the Powell series -- not quite good, but interesting -- and only a couple of hundred pages...I think I am more than half done with them, and if I actually read them all at once, I think it would go quickly, but I do like to mix things up, and hence it is getting on.  I guess all my recent traveling, and thus reading, has spurred me to keep at it, and I've been slipping in some extra pages here and there, with favorable results, I think.

Marcum pitched like a reliever yesterday; I mean, it clearly looked -- and I know Texas can hit -- but his stuff looked completely worse than his last start; I mean, he "battled" in that one, but he was completely floggable.  Terry left him in too long, of course...but that didn't help.  In the meantime, Danny Salazar imploded in the fifth...you know, our pitchers seem to do that A LOT; walk guys, hit them, and sure enough, he comes the big bats with men on.  I realize the defense is shoddy, but my God, doesn't anyone look at the lineup card?

I had to use my windshield wiper fluid this AM.  I only mention this because the Patriotmobile, for God knows how long, the fluid dispenser didn't work, and hence I had to use all sorts of subterfuges to clean the window.  Now, with the Behemoth, one button and there you go.  I have to admit, I still miss the Patriotmobile...I had had it for 15 years, all sort of memories in it.,,not that I do not love the Behemoth, but...I still have a searing memory, the last day I had the Patriotmobile, before they came to take it away...it had been sitting a while in the garage, not started...so on that last day, trying to move it out of the garage...and she wouldn't move.  I had to gun it out, but the whole time, I was speaking -- out loud -- telling my old truck that it was time to leave, she'd done her duty, and I would always remember her...and finally she settled out of the driveway.  I've never had a pet of course, but I suspect it would be like taking Fido to be put down...

In other bad news, I have an inflamed lymph node/abcess/something on the inside of my lip....it had been hurting, now it is only sort of sore.  I've had inflamed lymph nodes before, usually when I am sleepless, so I didn't lose any sleep when the other side of the mouth hurt, but...this one was on the wrong side and MUCH larger than anyone I've ever had.  I do not want to go to the MD for this, so I may schlep to a minute clinic and see if they can suggest something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home