Saturday, May 23, 2015

dragging

Well, I ended up hanging out with some friends in Willoughby last night, and after dinner, hanging out, fourthmeal...we had a late night.  Followed by an early morning.  I am feeling it now...

I am not terribly surprised by the Brelo verdict (excellent timing to announce it today) though, as I have said before...to charge only ONE police officer with anything is a travesty of justice in and of itself.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/allying-choice-and-nutrition-at-food-pantries/?_r=1&gwh=767FC7A86C30EBDAB695C3FB7DD2157A&gwt=pay&assetType=opinion

I liked a lot of what they said here; I think a good deal we could apply to the OC.  Mind you, I don't quite think our clients are that, um, smart or honest, so more careful supervision could be used, but a more flexible system of distribution would be smarter.  I also -- and I have said that as well -- do not see quite the evidence for a desire for healthy eating among our clientele, and I suspect that people are being pollyanish...I mean, considering that, the last time I ran food bags to cars, I counted 21 straight cars where I was almost asphyxiated by the scent of tobacco...I really don't think healthy habits are high on a lot of people's lists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home