Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Links

It is late, I am sleepless, so...first of all, Team XI won tonite at PQ.  Yes, there were only four teams, and yes, I blew the missing link, but we finally won...again.  It did feel good.

Next, the April OC stats:  399 client visits, 176 seniors, 579 adults, 415 kids.  Rah.

Now, on to some links:
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-05-06/michigan-voters-reject-tax-increase-to-pay-for-roads-and-bridges

I get a kick out of these things; I mean, we're Republicans, for Christ's sake...act like one.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/05/5700_tuition_vouchers_could_be_used_at_magnificat_trinity_and_lutheran_west_if_proposal_passes_the_state_senate.html#incart_river

I found the leader of Mags' comments to be...well, interesting; it's like they want some students in, but not, of course, others...like too many of them.  Wonder why.  :)  Similarly, I was bemused by the Lakewood Democrat touting the improvement of CPS as a reason not to expand the geographic reach of vouchers...again, I just wonder why.  :)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ncaa-to-hold-record-42-bowl-games-next-season/ar-BBjhh3X

I hate to say this, but I've never really seen a lack of interest in a bowl game (aside from the schools themselves, who have to swallow the tickets).  But, if you look at the TV ratings -- which is driving the issue here -- people watch; maybe not a lot, but they do, enough to usually do as well or better than anything else on...and thus, Virginia, we have a reason to have 42 bowl games

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home