Monday, April 27, 2015

awake

Yet another thrilling Tribe game; I don't know, but maybe having all of those lefties in the lineup just isn't that smart, as you just dare a team to throw lefty starters after you.  And, let's not forget the defense that practically re-defines porosity.  It's fairly amazing, all things considered.

I am now reading Wainwright's Diary of Battle, that excellent memoir of the Civil War by the Union artillery officer.  It is good, very detailed, and he seemed to have an ear to HQ, as well to the command, if you get my drift.

Yesterday we drove out to Tiffin to see favorite niece's softball team win the conference, which was cool; and, in true NCAA style, they now have the home field for the four-game, double-elimination playoff.  It was cool and fun, even if the drive was a little long...to be sure, it is not that bad, but about half of it is literally God's country, with only a few farmhouses and such to break the monotony.  I sort of like that sort of thing, but I took Mom with me, and she most assuredly did not.

I noted today that I seem to be plateauing when it comes to the workouts; I've hit a certain point on the weight scale and no more...I mentioned it to the trainer, and he noted I may need more protein.  This could be; I've added some eggs to the diet, and some beans and cottage cheese and brown rice; but I suspect I will need something else to boost the level.  I also suspect my recent bouts of sleeplessness -- I've been lucky to get 6 hours a night -- play a role, as the body isn't exactly getting the full rest.  The 6:10 Tribe games should help...more if they continue to be punchless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home