Thursday, April 30, 2015

Progress

Another thrilling Tribe game; it would be hard to criticize Francona; House just lost it quickly.  Hopefully, this gets him sent down, where he can work on things in Cbus.  Webb pitched fairly well, which is nice, and Shaw had a nice outing...maybe he can get on track, not that I would be putting him in any close games for a long while.

I am doing some work on the Wainwright text; the font is six-point, or so, and interesting, between the camp notes and then the battle descriptions.  I did get a kick out of his efforts to find a suitable cook/servant for himself; I realize then as now, it was good to have someone around to do the useful and quotidian stuff, but...there was a war going on, for Christ's sake.

The film list progress was delayed by a broken disc, but the replacement arrived..."Dracula" and another horror flick on the list.  TCM is playing two more over the weekend -- "The Magnificent Ambersons" and "Ninotchka"-- and I may even cheat a bit by watching a short.  These would really put me closer to 300, a sort-of goal....I also note that most of the next ones I want to watch, an added benefit nowadays...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home