Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Return

As you may have guessed, I didn't blog for a few days...because I was on vacation, of sorts..my college roomie asked me to be godfather to his new son, so off I went to Naples for the ceremony...I also decided to take an extra day and see the sights.  So, it was nice to get away...even if I had to fly twice (two takeoffs and landings each time!) and, well, fly. Naples was only 90; it is very nice there, but full of old people, so it is not a happening place.  I went to the local art museum, which had some cool Chihuly works and a traveling exhibit of Academy paintings, which were lovely.  I had a good fish dinner, and ate two wonderful brunches...and got a new godson, which is cool, in that someone thinks I am a good Catholic and I have a lifetime commitment of faith and $100 bills.  The entire place is pretty swank...so much so that I was asked if I (I had made some social justicey comments) was appalled by what I saw...and I was not; I mean, you want people to be generous, but as I said, let's face it, lots of people are poor because they make bad choices...and lots of people are wealthy because they didn't.

One nice thing about the flight was that I was able to finish two books -- the next-to-last one in the Nevins series and then Five Came Back, which discussed the war service of great US directors (Capra, Ford) during WWII; some of their works I've seen and others I will have to check out, list or no list.

So, I heard some noise from outside...went to look, and a raccoon is using my roof for his acrobatics practice.  Lovely...

I have been on a protein kick lately -- beans, salmon, egg whites, etc. -- so we will see what happens if and when I hit the gym...the trainer is having car trouble, and while I certainly sympathize...I need my grueling workouts to help the non-manly physique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home