Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Progress

"The Public Enemy" arrived today, thanx to Netflix.  Interesting; sort of a transition between the silents and the talkies -- the introductory scenes, the message at the end of the film -- and it was a pre-Code feature, or at least it was quite suggestive in many ways (for 1931).  I liked it, and you can clearly see how mob/crime films were influenced by it.

The Tribe has put on an offensive show, which is good, and Bauer had quite the impressive start.  I wonder when they will play the makeup; I really thought they would have two today, as no one wants to come in September to play a game that won't mean anything or have a DH..unless of course it is late and it will be viewed as "developmental."  I did note the Anthony Swarzak's contract was sold to the Koreans, which is remarkable, given that he didn't exactly pitch all that horribly as a mop-up guy...I mean, Atchison is around, and he has been worse...and the other guy gets sent 8,000 miles away.  I also note that Lindor has looked good and Urshela...well, he has been an upgrade with the glove.  I am saying we are going on a Toronto-style win streak, but...

Good workout yesterday, good one today, and tomorrow I have some extra time with the trainer...things could be worse on the not-looking-like-a-fatass front.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home