Sunday, June 07, 2015

Fest

Today is the birthday, and while I do not like them that much -- you get older, and my other failings are magnified -- the fact of the matter is I really cannot complain about this one.  Yesterday was OC duty, where I did nothing but pack food bags, which was fine.  Then off to the Tribe game with Favorite Niece, where we saw a win and got a Kluber bobblehead.  Today was Corpus Christi and a family dinner of Chinese (I've had a hankering) and some QFT.

I was going to say this yesterday (he didn't have a good day today, of course) but Moss has actually played...well, decently.  Not world-beating, of course, but his OPS has been about .800, which is ok.  He is no Gold Glover, but he has shown decent power and considering that he was picked up for spare parts, I cannot complain.  Quite frankly, Swisher and Bourn are the sunk costs; it would take balls to cut them both or even one,  but Swisher can't even hit mistakes anymore, and Bourn...they are better off putting Brantley in CF and running the platoon in LF (both of those guys have done well this year).  I realize that those guys are Terry's guys and are thus untouchable, but...

Corpus Christi was nice, but it was also almost entirely in Polish, which is ok, but it is hardly the thing to attract people who are not Polish...I wonder if this is by choice (Polonia is heavily involved) or oversight, but I think it is not exactly wise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home