Monday, June 15, 2015

Swelter

On the one hand, I noticed that it is damn near impossible to get some of the film on the NFR; on the other, I watched four more Saturday and Sunday, so cooling off might be wise.  I liked "The Cheat" (1916 DeMille film, interesting insinuation of white/Asian love, if you get my drift), "The Chehchacos" (1924 film about a separated mother and child in Alaska in the Gold Rush Days), and "Chulas Fronteras" (documentary about Tejano musicians).  "Chan is Missing" had a dumb ending, so it was NOT a success.  Alas.

I should spend more time reading, sleeping, or watching SOA...tonite I am watching -- intently -- the Stanley Cup, mainly because I like playoff hockey, very pure.  So a slowdown in the film list -- and I was not trying to watch them all in this year -- may be ok, especially as the Netflix queue has several of them.

This first wave of heat...ugh.  Not a fan to begin with, but this is worse, I think, the first one for me...takes a while to acclimate, but in the meantime I am feeling the effects.  Sleep is affected, I found myself tiring at the gym (the trainer suggests more cardio, and I think he is correct), and I think it is about a week of heavy drinking (water, of course!).  I wonder if other people have this, or just me...

Jeb is in.  *yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home