Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Shelled

Well, that was a thrilling Tribe game.  I realize it didn't really matter, but my God, Marcum really was left in there for a looong time, and it was obvious he didn't have it...  Alas, alack.

https://ia801404.us.archive.org/10/items/VinScullyCallsThe9thInningOfSandyKoufaxsPerfectGame/VinScully-1965-KoufaxPerfectGame9thInning_64kb.mp3

This is pretty cool for several reasons, like, for instance, the fact that Scully is calling it...and how he calls it.  Second, this broadcast is literally littered with famous names -- Kuehn, Tracewski, Koufax, many of the fine Dodgers of the era -- quite impressive.  Third...the Internet exploded last night when, during the TCU/Vandy game in the CWS, the reporter mentioned "perfect game" and sure enough, they broke it up, and lo and behold, everyone lost their shit about it (I tend to agree about the shit-losing)... but, as you can hear here, Scully mentions it all the time.  Hmmm...

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/06/16/philadelphia-phillies-jeff-francoeur-pitches

I got a kick out of this...for one thing, I would think that using a non-pitcher means you aren't using any other pitcher, so I am not blaming them for not paying attention to the phone (I'd like to think that Francona, for all his bullpen machination, won't feel the need to do it again tonite).  Second...if you check out another clip, it is pretty funny watching Chase Utley lose his shit about leaving Frenchy out there to get his beating.  I mean, really, I know they are both seasoned professionals (if you get my drift), but Jesus, what the hell else are they supposed to do?

Update:  Murphy is now coming in with Raburn having an arm issue...either this is ridiculous, or Francona wants to get the LaRussa award.  God forbid Raburn -- semi-useful this year -- is hurt.  And the rest...well, it's pretty shameful.

Back to my previous point,,,hard to believe that Grady Sizemore is out of MLB and Jeff Francouer is in it...I mean, who would have made that bet 10 years ago?  Five?  Alas, alack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home