Thursday, July 09, 2015

Grexit

Well, that was an exciting Tribe game...I wouldn't want to say that they are hot, but they are playing fairly well.  Anderson had another good start -- not a lot of Ks, but he generally pitched well, and Santana had an RBI triple (of all things) and some nice ABs...call me crazy, but I am a little perplexed by the concern about his walks.  Yes, he has been a disappointment, but I highly doubt that a guy who gets on base is the problem.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2015/07/09/opponents-of-private-liquor-sales-claim-state-monopolies-serve-customers-better/

I have to admit this is pretty funny; I mean, I wish someone would have the balls to simply say that they are doing this to protect union jobs and Democratic contributors...of course, they won't, and the press certainly won't, either.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/07/08/what-gov-scott-walker-is-about-to-do-to-wisconsins-public-schools/?tid=pm_local_pop_b

There is all sorts of good stuff here...on both sides; I mean, for me, it was a giant snark fest.

I give the Greeks credit; this is actually a genius method of defaulting, by making it take as long as possible, as they now get all sorts of foreign capital from all the reporters, camera people, diplomats, etc., all of whom have to eat and drink and sleep and score all kinds of cheap crap.  I mean, they really should have gotten more debt from more lenders in more countries and had them schlep to Athens as well...meetings, human interest stories, travel writers...smart enough, yet not so all at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home