Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hmmm

As I mentioned on facebook, I sort of liked "Going My Way."  Bing Crosby -- Fr. Bing Crosby -- 1944, sort of schmalty, but not that bad.  The music didn't do anything for me, but the message was...well, timeless, if you will.

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/newsstand/discussion/tigers_brad_ausmus_would_do_nothing_different_about_poor_bullpen_management

I liked this...I sort of wish Francona would get some pushback on his moves.  In the meantime...8 double plays in two games.  Somewhere, Dusty Baker is chuckling.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-21/de-blasio-s-push-to-curb-uber-in-new-york-may-get-vote-this-week

I see they passed a deal, but if I was some GOP governor -- John Kasich, for instance -- I would be working to lure them to my state and passing legislation that was as friendly to Uber as possible, just to say...well, fuck you to NYC, but also to say that they were with the 21st century economy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home