Thursday, July 30, 2015

Theft

Is it me, or did the Tribe steal one from the Cardinals?  I mean, I know he is 20, lefty, in A ball -- and prolly ready to tear a UCL -- but the fact of the matter is he was one of their better prospects...and the Cardinals get Brandon Moss, not even hitting .220 and with 105 strikeouts.  Compared to the Masterson deal -- a tweener OF -- this seems like more of a catch...to be sure, the Cardinals, like the Braves, are not the type to get rid of pitchers (at least good ones)....

I finished the Civil War book; I liked it -- the Army of the Tennessee was late in evolving successful battle tactics that caused high casualties/made it harder for them to win -- but the one thing I thought odd was that the author (a Scot) noted that Pat Cleburne was one of the better Confederate generals...yet not noticing that he was trained in the British army, and thus had been exposed to...well, a different way of doing things.  Maybe it was some sort of editorial modesty, but...it would be interesting to see how much better of an officer he was compared to the others in that force.

I ordered a Netflix film, which was defective...sigh.  On the other hand, it does give me a chance to watch another episode of SOA...can I start another series.  Which makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home