Monday, July 27, 2015

Slump

As you can see, I had a busy weekend...Friday nite I met some friends, Saturday was OC duty -- steady busy, to put it mildly -- then my godson's third bday.  Sunday was Dim Sum with favorite niece, followed by dinner with Mom and drinks with a friend in Little Italy...  Dim Sum has become quite pricey; it was about $30 plus...not that it wasn't good, but Jesus...  Little Italy was a better bargain, even if there was no parking; as I told someone at the bar, this is why God invented the suburbs.

The Tribe is dong exceptionally well...I think this reflects another of Francona's failings; I know he is no drama and low-key and has faith in his guys, but when it goes South...he's not the man to put it together.  No one gets benched.  No one gets pulled; hell, it takes time to get a guy put down in the lineup.  He also leaves the starters in too long -- like tonite -- which amuses me because he is quick to make the superfluous change at every other opportunity.

In the meantime, I have completed the Hall book on the cultural inheritance of the Greeks and am now reading Haughton's book about tactics and training about the Army of Tennessee (CSA)...yes, this is what I consider to be fun reading.   :)  The author is from the UK, and I think it is actually beneficial, as it allows a more....clinical approach to the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home