Monday, August 10, 2015

Updates

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chip-kellys-real-problem-isnt-race/ar-BBlBZvO?ocid=mailsignout

I asked one of my college friends -- an NFL follower -- the difference between Kelly and Belicheck; his answer was "Six Rings."  I don't know...reading the article, I couldn't help but think that Kelly isn't wrong...and that he is a lot like Belicheck, and no one complains about him (in this manner).  I guess winning is the only thing, not that I am one to object....

I have clicked two films off the list:  "Wild Boys of the Road" (a 30s flick about train-hopping, jobless youths) and "Off/On," an experimental film from 1968.  They were both, in a word, ok.  I have slipped a bit in my cutting through them, so the Tribe's off night was an opportunity -- despite a late day of work and a fun day of trainer time -- to cross one off, even if it was but 10 minutes.

 Herodotus continues to make progress -- I am at the second Persian invasion of Greece...it is odd, in that his is one of the few "contemporary" descriptions of the Battle of Marathon.  One of the key battles of Western Civilization (in that it remained Western) and without him...nothing to say.  It's like our only knowledge of Gettysburg coming from two or three interviews with veterans after the battle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home