Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Back

As you can tell, I've been working.  A lot.  It's not fun, though the romantic stinger I suffered has been much less, so that almost makes it worth it, in the "Yeah, surre" sort of way.

I see the Tribe is missing Kluber (hopefully not for long) and going with EIGHT relievers.  Oi.  I know Terry likes his security blanket, but, as I told the coworkers, the problem is you really can't make a move -- say, pinch-hitting for the catcher -- without upsetting the apple cart; I mean, you can only make one, if that.  Considering you have two former starters on the roster, I'd like to think one could be stretched...

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/04/the-privilege-of-school-choice/524103/?utm_source=atltw

All of this just sounded so very...Republican, and it simply amused the hell out of me.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/2/15514006/mo-brooks-preexisting-conditions

I get the outrage, but Mo has a point; much of the cost of healthcare comes from managing conditions for the only cause is foolishness, and if you think about it -- AIDS, smoking-related cancer, alcohol-related illnesses, drug addiction -- people know better, and they choose to do shit anyway.  For all the talk of Christianity, I always like to remind people of "Let the dead bury the dead" and "go and sin now more," but those texts never seem to make it in the liberal Bible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home