Friday, April 14, 2017

Three

Yet another loss for the Tribe...ugh.  From watching Roberto Perez bat for himself, to watching Terry Francona watch Josh Tomlin get battered, to this...oi.  At least Lonnie Chisenhall seems somewhat healthy.  I am not quite sold on the CF experiment, of course, but given that we really don't have one, this seems as good a makeshift one as any.  Alas.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-12/trump-lays-groundwork-for-widespread-government-reorganization

I think, for all the griping (much of it deserved!) about the Trump administration, this is ONE thing for which he can earn much praise, provided it comes to pass; lots of GOPers talk the game, but if he does it...well, that alone would be worth much of what has transpired.  I am still a bit more optimistic about health care than many of my fellow GOPers, for the same reason.

Lent is almost over; I've managed to pray every day, which is...well, what I was supposed to do, I guess.  :)  Hard to believe -- spring is here, temperatures are warming, I am washing the winter bedsheets tomorrow.  I am almost tempted to believe we will have more snow...well, almost.

Speaking of almost, I am almost done with Bradbury's The Medieval Siege; quite good, lots of info and details, and of course it is about war and violence...though one thing he stresses is that the siege was as much as logistical endeavor as any other, even moreso than engineering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home