Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Links and a show

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/paul-ryan-house-republicans-will-continue-their-push-for-health-care-reform-this-year/2017/03/27/8e331e86-130c-11e7-833c-503e1f6394c9_story.html?utm_term=.0defbf1931b2&wpisrc=nl_politics&wpmm=1

How shall I say this...I don't exactly have a lot of stock in this, but I do think it is good they are trying, and, well, this sort of effort -- low-key, behind-the-scenese, something people can actually like and agree on -- is the sort of thing that can pass the house, and possibly the Senate, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/business/retirement/tontines-retirement-annuity.html?_r=0

i sort of like this; not saying it is for everyone, or even most, but there is a certain cold and callous logic about it...  Plus, of course, it does raise money now, and, well, if you can figure out the math...

Went to PQ at the Bottlehouse tonight...just Dee and myself for the Pictonomicom (names of famous people in rebus form)...came in third, which was impressive, given it was two of us, just...flites of beer the next time we show up there, which I guess is ok...I am not a fan of not winning, but, well, it is more...fun, if you will, than anything else., not that I believe in that, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home