Monday, March 27, 2017

Thrills

I have to admit...most of the Final Four games -- both men and women -- were pretty good; hell, if it had been the men's tourney, the Notre Dame/Stanford game would be an instant classic, given that Stanford was down by 15 and looked dead and came back...  The UConn beatdown was expected, of course, but the rest were competitive...  I was amused that the NCAA sent South Carolina (the leaders in attendance!) and Florida State to Stockton, CA, for their regional final...uh-huh.

This could be me, but if the President had selected anyone else other than his son-in-law, no one would be making half the fuss about the move to put him in charge of anything; hard to believe that 50 years ago, the President could joke about giving one's little brother some legal experience as Attorney General before he goes to practice law...  I sort of like the idea of an innovation czar; and while I am not exactly sold on the choice...well, I can see the logic, er, rationale, behind it.

Austin Jackson made the team.  Jose Ramirez got an extension (I suspect the new move only boosted the case for a raise), and they may even sign Lindor to one...interesting, though it might mean Santana's last year here.  Now, the OF is not exactly settled, with Chiz out, and I suspect they want Urshela to get the 3B job, which is prolly fine, though not really. I think I prefer the thumper, but Diaz is NOT on the 40-man, and the roster permutations might not be worth the hassle, especially if, as we hope, Kipnis is a fast healer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home