Tuesday, March 21, 2017

catching up on links

Finished my work project today...yay!  I mean, there will be, I am sure, complications.  But I think I will survive.  More seriously, I had this odd stomach...pain or cramp last nite...couldn't sleep for a bit til it passed.  Not sure what it was; stress, too much run, bad food, Lord knows...affected the sleep quality, ugh.  Alas.

https://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-wrongest-profession-baker

I thought this was interesting....a bit wrong at times, though...I mean, for one thing, of course, the economic growth of WWII was caused by mass production AND the fact that the "labor surplus" of the nation went into the army (women and men, as it turned out).  Now of course, the problem is that we have plenty of un- and under-employed people (many in places without work) and there is no good way to put them back at it...  the other problem, of course, which he seems to omit is that deficit spending isn't exactly good, in that it does leave debt for the next generation; also, the problem with Entitlements is that in many cases, promises made are promises that cannot be kept except by screwing the next generation, which is...dare I say, morally bankrupt?  

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-03-17/trump-s-budget-asks-the-right-questions-for-conservatives

I think this is exactly right, and something that conservatives should ALWAYS have championed from day one...to say nothing of the fact that, as always, if liberals really believed in this, they would certainly mail in checks...the fact that they don't, of course, is suggestive...

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/douthat-scenario-religious-right/

This bothers me a little, because, well, I DO think we should (as Christians) care about our fellow men and women, and this includes their immortal souls.  On the other hand, as always, I say to myself...well, you Hope and Changers wanted this, and now you have it, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home