Friday, March 24, 2017

There is no plan

So, the AHCA is dead...I am not surprised, not saddened; miffed, of course, that it came to this...  I just wonder if the repeal process is dead...for one thing, GOPers will have to go home and explain why it isn't, and, as I like to say, no one wants to get primaried.  For another...tax reform, from what I have read, depended largely on the tax cuts in the AHCA, and you need one without the other.  To be sure, I am doubtful the GOP leadership wants to go through this again... on the other hand, trying it (and doing it) would make them look absolutely brilliant.

Left unsaid in this is that while they are at it -- and trying to meet CBO scoring -- they could go and further...drain the swamp.  Vengeance would be a dish served lukewarm.  In the meantime, as to what could be done for Obamacare...well, the smart play would be to let it die -- it's why we put Price at HHS, for Christ's sake -- but as evinced by recent events, we're not good at that, so...on to Plan C.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/17/14951868/trump-defund-pbs-npr

The problem with this is that it is not quite true; I mean, I get the feeling that liberals will miss PBS and NPR, but...honestly, I really don't know of many people on MY side who will.  I mean, my "Downton Abbey" watching was a rarity among the red crowd, if you get my drift, and after that...nothing really piques my interest...nor anyone else's.  Of course, if it meant that much to your local progressive, they would kick in, but as they do not...well, I think we all know what that means.

Watched "The Little Fugitive" a couple of days ago (539); it is the type of movie I thought I wouldn't like -- a 7-year-old boy lost at Coney Island -- but it had a certain charm to it, so I ended up...well, appreciating it.  I sensed it felt European...and in fact, it influenced the work of guys like Truffault, so I was like...well, you're getting good at this, Mattie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home