Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Deserted

Cool shit today -- Sylvia Hatchell won her 1,000th game as a head coach today...and then a few hours later, so did Geno at UConn...and no one knows about it.  I mean, I know it is women's college basketball, which has 12 raucous fans, but... two coaches in one day getting there?  Good luck finding the games...this could be me, but I would have thought ESPN2 could have been bothered to show one, if not both...or some other channel aside from the regional ones; I mean, God knows I didn't need to see Akron get blown out of the water, not all of it, at least.

https://deadspin.com/how-to-stay-updated-on-the-big-game-when-life-gets-in-t-1818970866

This is pretty cool, and I hope it works out; I mean, he was once good, and if he can at least be tolerable... I bet he could help some teams.  Hell, the Tribe could use a relief arm, not that Lincecum, I think, wants to go there.

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2017/12/political-incorrect-paper-day-food-deserts.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I've noticed this, too; I mean, I really don't see any food deserts in, say, where I got to church, but...  I mean, at the food pantry, people do take produce, but I would argue that it is not an even distribution, and even then, I wonder how much is actually eaten and how much gets sent to the landfill.  My own suspicion is that people eat some, and toss the rest (it is free, you know)... some of it is lack of familiarity, some of it is laziness, and some of it is people don't care..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home