Sunday, December 03, 2017

Weekend

Up to 593 on the Film List by watching two shorts; one was more modern -- "The Lunch Date" -- and the other from the late 20s, "Black and Tan."  I liked both, albeit not terribly...the first one was ironically humorous; the latter, a short with Duke Ellington playing composition and acting -- unique because, let's face it, this was in 1929...

https://www.vox.com/2017/11/29/16716000/christian-bad-reputation-matt-carter-podcast-interview

This is sort of interesting, albeit only at times, but... one thing I was amused at was how they were surprised by the politicization of religion, because, well, religion has ALWAYS been used by Group X as a cudgel against Group Y (and vice versa).  I mean, I don't even really think I like it, but I think someone is missing something if they thing this is a new thing and that you should be exceptionally surprised by it.

The other thing is the point about the intolerance of Christians; I get that, to an extent, but, let's face it, Christians are supposed to be intolerant of certain things -- like sin -- and of course, well, when people are unwilling to change, or even admit that they are sinful... well, there is a problem and a conflict there -- the Civil War buff in me would say an "irrepressible conflict."  I mean, the point of Christianity is that we have an agenda to bring people to Christ and live a life with as less sin as possible....oi.

I wonder if we will see changes to the college playoff next year; I myself have no problem with OSU not making it, but I am not sure two teams from the same conference should go... I mean, one could argue that USC or UCF had as much of a right to be there as Alabama, in that they you know, won a conference...  I guess I think the best solution would be to invite ALL of the conference winners and two wild cards to a playoff, but, of course, some day some MAC team will beat an SEC team or something of the sort, and no one will really want that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home