Thursday, November 09, 2017

Conclusion

A long week of work is sort of over; I have a mandated off day tomorrow for the holiday, but I have some work to catch up on at home, so.... alas.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/12/conservatism-without-bigotry/544128/

I think both are right here, though I again refer to my previous points, and two... it's not prejudice to point out that something that costs a lot and might not work and thus might not be done...  well, I realize it is racism for some people, but for others...

http://victorygirlsblog.com/poor-dont-pay-enough-taxes/#more-66153

True, in that you have to have some skin in the game to play...

My own take on the elections is:  Yes, it was bad for the GOP, but it was also expected, particularly at the big races at the top.  On the other hand, it is also hard for GOP voters to get excited; you need more achievements than a Supreme to get people to the polls.  Repealing Obamacare -- I know there are RINOs who are causing this -- is a start.  Tax reform could work; I for one wonder why infrastructure has been neglected (it worked for Kevin Spacey on "House of Cards," you know; or is that too soon?)...  the optics, at least, are favorable, and no one cares about debt if you see guys in hard hats, you know, actually working.

Roy Halladay's death was a shocker, especially since he was my age and he was pretty damn good; I wonder if he has the numbers to get in the HOF; he does have the Koufax argument in great but short peak and a lot of CGs, as well as the no-no in the postseason.  And, now, a tragic death as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home