Sunday, October 29, 2017

The comeback

Well, that was quite the game... I of course felt they had no business winning -- the idea of them being the better team seemed a little rich, given the turnovers, the penalties, the special teams miscues -- but I have to admit:  the defense played fairly well (especially in stopping the run) and PSU decided, for whatever reason... to stop playing defense.

Another thing...one of my friend suggested that the reason for the Tribe loss in the postseason...was Francona not being well, i.e., healthy.  Simply put, the decision making was questionable, and while the front office deserves it role in this...Terry might not have been up to snuff.  I am beginning to wonder if the same could be said for Meyer, too... all of the little things just don't happen; I know he is being less of a control freak, but...sometimes, things slide, but other times, I just wonder if the coaching staff (led by him) just isn't fixing it when they should.  Like the two-point plays and the need to call 30 swing passes to the WR that together netted three yards... For the record... I still think it is 50/50 OSU gets in the playoff...

https://pjmedia.com/blog/liveblogevent/mondays-hot-mic-29/entry-216089/

For all the talk of Jeff Flake and his courage...I think a lot of people, especially lefty journalists, miss this point; he wasn't all that conservative anymore, and a lot of people in AZ didn't want him as their Senator...he himself admitted he couldn't win the primary, which would of course imply that something is off...

Watched "To Fly" today...interesting.  Uplifting.  Not quite my thing, of course, but 582...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home