Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Links

World Series games this year are fairly exciting, so far, which is good...also pitching duels, which I like.

http://www.newsweek.com/americans-scream-helplessly-sky-donald-trump-election-anniversary-690889

This could be me, but if GOPers did this, they would have been mocked off the planet...now, not so much.  I only hope that, if in the sad days of a future Democratic presidency, the GOP adopts its own Resistance movement...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-10-24/be-careful-who-you-call-a-white-supremacist

Hey, look at this!  Great minds think alike!  More seriously, I think this is exactly what Democrats have brought on themselves, so...they should, of course, bear the odium and responsibility for this.  But they won't...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-10-23/we-libertarians-were-really-wrong-about-school-vouchers

I am not quite sure they were wrong; I mean, who would expect that wealthy NYers on the Upper East Side wouldn't want their kids to go to school with people other than themselves?  More seriously, I think one reason why this hasn't worked is another unexpected reason -- public schools have improved.  I think it is question of getting better teachers in schools, changing methods, improving discipline, magnets...and, well, I suspect some good old hard work in boosting test scores, IDing problem students, etc.  Charters have helped, and I think, deep down, teachers and their unions have been...well, less likely to impede these efforts.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home