Thursday, October 12, 2017

Downlinks

Well, that was not exactly...unexpected; don't know, just figured they'd lose.  Looked beat, and now, well, with the Kluber news...well, that's borderline reprehensible, to run a guy out there for two starts.  Oi, but one would have thought the Ivy Leaguers running the show would have figured that out.  Alas.  In the meantime...it would be nice to sign Bruce again, though I think he can find a better deal.  I would hope they would ditch Brantley -- sad but true -- and, well, I would think you can always use a rotation upgrade, but I am always up for that.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/11/16447008/christianity-america-politically-polarized
This could be me, but I have always thought politics and religion have been linked; I mean, not in the Civil War way (the split of the Baptists and Methodists, for instance), but preachers and politicians have always used each other in some way.  I think the increasing role of "nones" among the left is a new calculation, but I do not really think it's that  new...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-10-10/california-is-right-to-curb-the-sex-offender-registry

Yes, I agree with this; it shouldn't be so controversial to pull horny teenagers off a list, should it?

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/4/16405234/abortion-study-lancet-guttmacher
To continue a theme, if women were so smart and empowered...well, can't they go and open their own abortion clinics?  I mean, if it was truly important, couldn't they, you know, try?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home