Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Last Man Standing

Light blogging...work, trying to catch up on sleep (still have a cold), and, finally, the PBS series on the Vietnam War...which is fairly engrossing.  To say nothing of informative.

https://theathletic.com/103941/2017/09/18/meisels-mailbox-the-indians-playoff-roster-attendance-figures-and-your-favorite-piece-of-baseball-memorabilia/

I think this is sort of true, save for the fact that I think the Tribe will carry twelve pitchers, not 11.  This will actually make that last pitcher to not make it decision that much harder -- one non-performer gets the call -- but we all know how Francona loves his relievers.  The lack of viable OF options, I think, will further boost this decision; if no one can play there, you might as well have a pitcher.  Oi.  In the meantime, one of my coworkers suggested the Tribe was playing Kipnis in CF so that he injures himself again and thus cannot be on the roster.  This, in all honesty, was far more devious than even I could think of.

https://www.philadelinquency.com/2017/09/13/appears-leader-phillys-democrats-total-twatwaffle/

I sort of like this; I think we should call more Dems twatwaffles at every opportunity...

Up to 578 on the NFR with the viewing of "Sons of the Desert" yesterday.  Laurel and Hardy film -- men lie to their wives to attend fraternal convention and the various antics from the lies.  It wasn't hilarously funny (now) but it was fairly humorous, and I certainly liked it and would recommend it.  I think I can hit 600, but with House of Cards, Morse, and now the PBS series...well, I need to buckle down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home