Friday, August 18, 2017

Power

So, I can see why they added Jay Bruce. :)  More seriously, he has added a dimension to this offense, and I think it has affected everyone else.  Hell, even Zimmer is hitting again, though I think -- still -- that Naquin is the answer for now (the September callups are two weeks away).  The Kluber issue is worrisome, but with Miller back... well, they do have a lead, so Corey can miss a start if needed, I guess.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/08/nickelback_performs_for_thousa.html#incart_river_index

The tone of the article was impressive; I mean, I know it's Nickelback, but as I tell the coworkers, someone has to pay good money to see them if they keep touring, and it is not all Canadians crossing the border, so...  I myself do not think they are as annoying as any number of other bands...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-16/bring-back-make-work-programs

I think this could work, but...the CCC paid shit wages, if you recall, and mainly got young men out of the house.  Not sure, of course, that quite so many young men are out there who want to do that...of course, the unions would object, and nowadays the environmental regs...I mean, look at how long it took to put up the Hoover Dam, and check out projects today...

2/3 of the way through The Limousine Liberal... I like it, sort of, but the guys is really all over the place, and thus, something is lost along the way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home