Sunday, July 30, 2017

Awake and alive

A slight delay in blogging due to:
1)  I went away for a long weekend last week for the Bourbon tour;
2)  Busy-ness at night; and
3)  I forgot my password.

One was awesome...not only because it was interested to see how bourbon is made, but I got to hang out with cool people, and, well, I think I need to take more vacations, as it is good to get away.

Two was ok -- nothing pressing.  Three, like the failure to repeal Obamacare, was a disaster that should not have happened.  Alas.  I wonder if five weeks of ire from GOP voters will change their minds...

Am up to 573 on the film list -- "To Be Or Not To Be" was the latest..  fairly funny, actually, and a Lubitch.  I can see how people at the time would have found it to be slightly inappropriate, but I think that is exactly why the film succeeds -- basically, it's a comedy about mistaken identity and impressions -- set in Nazi-occupied Poland.  Also, Carole Lombard's last film...

Still waiting on a Tribe move;teams are buying, and while they may not be making the moves we would make, it only drives the price up and creates less palatable trade options.  The thought could be a healthy Kipnis and Chisenhall are enough, but I don't really see that.  Of course, Santana is pitching well...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home