Friday, June 23, 2017

Relief

All I can say is...the week is over.  No work for this one.  Maybe I can sleep.  In the meantime, Trevor Bauer had one bad inning...which seems to be going around the rotation, at least the back end of it.  More seriously...the losing at home business is a concern.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/06/23/the-new-senate-republican-bill-will-transform-american-health-care/#41aa1be43184

I don't think this is quite what will happen; I mean, a straight repeal would have been the smartest, but the RINOs are running roughshod, so...this is what we have.  Roy's opinion does mean something, given his prescience, though...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama%e2%80%99s-secret-struggle-to-punish-russia-for-putin%e2%80%99s-election-assault/ar-BBD4mdS?li=BBnb7Kz

This could be me, but...shouldn't they have responded more forcefully, anyways?  

I finished a book -- written about 1880 -- about the last few weeks of the Civil War in NC, and the woman wrote it pretty much listed every time a Union soldier pillaged a Confederate home.  While I felt badly, after a while I was like...well, you shouldn't have left in the first place, and two...considering what happened to the average slave for, oh, a century or so, I think they got off...lightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home