Friday, June 02, 2017

Bemusement

This could be me, but I think Francona erred in sending Tomlin back out there...not that it mattered, of course, but we all know Tomlin can get hit hard once you see him enough, and he had already begun to falter...especially when you have that good and fairly well-rested bullpen to get through one inning.  Alas.  I'd also like to note that Daniel Robertson has done a nice job while here...generation ago, he would have been your fifth OF, and guys like him would play all year; now, of course, these guys just sit around at AAA.  Again, the more I think of it, the more I am convinced you don't need seven or eight relievers...  but it is not going away.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/06/we_re_supposed_to_fear_the_rage_of_trump_voters_what_about_the_rage_of_clinton.html

I found this more than a little amusing, mainly because we hear about them ALL the time; no one every wrote about the rage of McCain or Romney voters; hell, even the Tea Party was tarred with every possible epithet at every opportunity.  Here, of course, we have protests, the press, constant hand-wringing, Hillary now out there swearing how she had the thing taken from her...  I am not terribly concerned, since whiny liberals are a dime a dozen in my line of work, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home