Monday, May 29, 2017

Weekend

Memorial Day weekend come and gone...I actually found it sort of restful and sort of productive...  did some cleaning, some chores...did some special projects, though not as many as I should have.  Ate too much crap, of course, and the legs are still...well, sore, muscle-wise.  Lack of quality sleep the issue..

Crossed some films off the list --- up to 554.  "A Time For Burning" was a documentary from the 60s about how Lutherans -- black and white -- tried (mainly not) to integrate their religious communities, very gradually..  Interesting.  "The Power of the Press" was a 1928 silent with Douglas Fairbanks...cute story.  As always, I found it interesting that they showed a press run and a "stop the presses" scene. I mean, I know it is all digital and all now, but I could easily see how the printing of a paper was a labor-intensive gig back then.  Finally, I checkout the "Snow White" from 1933 -- the Betty Boop variety.  Cute, I guess...

So, Salazar is in the 'pen with Clevinger to take his spot.  I sort of agree with, but the problem is that if he cannot, you have a guy NOT throwing strikes coming into games that often require many of them.  I think Mike has been...well, ok at times, not really well enough to merit a spot, but I suspect the purpose of the exercise is to shove Danny into a low-leverage role, so, well, maybe...

I do find it fascinating that even when Trump isn't generating headlines...he is generating headlines.  Oi.  In the meantime, we are not exactly seeing GOP policies and programs being enacted by the boatload, which is part of the problem...I think people on the right could swallow crap sandwiches if they saw some evidence of their efficacy, but with the exception of Gorsuch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home