Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Slam

Another thrilling weekend of work...and last nite there was some excitement...I feel out of bed - I was trying to corral a charley horse, didn't realize I was already there, and ended up landing on my chin on the floor...EVERYTHING hurts, but mostly, my jaw and teeth.  I was lucky enough to get a dentist to see me and some X-rays... he thinks I am ok, or at least can avoid root canal -- just some pain and soreness for week, load up on ibuprofen, and some booze wouldn't hurt.  Oi.  I hope this holds...

Gomes just homered, and, you know, in the past two weeks...while I wouldn't say he is doing a good job, he is at least hitting competently, which is all you can ask for, given his decent defense.  Edwin, too...it does seem he is drawing walks, which seems to me he has made some mechanical adjustments, at least...and the batting eye is improved.   Bauer is a hot mess..in other news, Clevinger put out a good start.  Not sure I would have relieved him, as Boone Logan has been just ok...

I am surprised by the Comey firing; maybe not that much, since he had lost everyone's confidence and needed to go, but..the timing now is a little off (just a little).  Gotta wonder who is on the short list to replace him; saw Rudy's name popping up, and I think it would be an interesting choice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home