Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Catching Up

Five days since I've written, and with a busy and work-filled week...anyways, here we are.  Saw two movies off the list...up to 556.  "Peege" was a sad short about a family's last trip to see Grandma...I even got a little weepy at the end.  I also watched the 1924 version of "Peter Pan," and it was...delightful?  Cute, actually...the special effects were pretty cool for the time, and the actors...well, it was well done.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2017/06/11/cnns-stelter-bemoans-inherent-distrust-public-has-media

Got a kick out of this, mainly because...well, many GOPers (certainly myself) are of the opinion that the press went soft on the last guy, and well...in some cases, they are shutting out the press; in other, now it is time to go after them for their inconsistency -- for instance, the kerfuffle over Julius Caesar.  For myself, I think it is wonderful, but then again, I am not a fan of the passive defense...

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/6/13/15791334/roxane-gay-hunger-trevor-noah-daily-show

I get that, but, as we discussed at yesterday's thrilling fun run...in this day of paying for everyone else's health care...well, too damn bad...time to drop the poundage.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/13/trump-and-the-religious-right-a-match-made-in-heaven-215251

I think the line about Jimmy Carter being in the pew with us, but Trump is fighting for us...well, that's the appeal in the nutshell.  And, given the general trend of secularism in the Democrats...this will only push the two forces together.  I am not sure if this is a sustainable trend, but it will be fun to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home