Sunday, July 02, 2017

The power of clean

One thing I've been doing over the past two days is to clean my house -- I cleaned the hell out of the two spare bedrooms, dusting and moving stuff and consolidating boxes yesterday, and today was the bathroom. Prolly will do the basement over the weekend as well, though I am tempted to actually clean out or organize a closet or two...  I did one a while back and it has retained its neatness.

Listening to the Tribe on the radio on the way home after Mom's, and one thing I was surprised at was that -- at the time -- Verlander was 20-22 in his career versus the Tribe, and the ERA wasn't anything special.  I mean, maybe I shouldn't have been -- you see the guy a lot, and you get a sense of his stuff -- but given his career overall, I would have expected something else. Today is most impressive, and after the split... well, I think I am a little relieved about the direction of the team, at least for now.

The move to Allen to the 8th -- to protect Miller's arm -- amuses me, since the obvious answer is to pitch Miller less...I mean, I think the move to a reliever going 2IP every two or three days is the best one, but not using him so much so close together....which is what they have had a tendency to do.

May watch a film today; am working on some reading now... Adams' Fighting For Defeat:  Union Military Failure in the East, 1861- 1865 is the choice for now, and I rather like it, though, that really shouldn't surprise anyone here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home