Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Reflection

Hard to believe that the long weekend is almost over...I wouldn't say it was restful, though I did get to bed somewhat earlier each nite...I think I am now just overtired, and while I may have picked up on some repose, I am still behind...I may do some more cleaning today -- basement -- just to finish up and add to the fatigue.

Two more films came off the list yesterday...  "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and "Shaft."  The first was a musical, and while some parts of it at times were charming...it was still awfully maudlin for me, and I suspect now that the rape origins of the original tale would..not fly.  "Shaft" I actually liked -- quite a bit.  I mean, the story on its holds up, and the tale itself -- with the mainly black cast and storyline -- added to the...well, humor of it?  I mean, I suspected there was certainly a sense of that in the flick.  In the meantime, 565 down...  going to the library and ordering a stack for the weekend was pretty smart on my part.  I should do it again -- I had wondered if I could make it to 600 by the year's end, but now... I mean, between Netflix and a regular viewing of 2 a week, I should be well past that.

Another good thing this weekend was that I had a series of solid -- hard, even -- workouts at the gym.  I am still at 80 to 90% of where I was before the bedfall, and I suspect that a full week of solid sleep and proper nutrition would help.  But I have been adding to the speed of the treadmill, and even pushing myself to put some extra weight on the machines.  Funny; a couple of weeks ago one of the Fun Runners said I used to have man boobs, but now I do not...and while that is not quite true, there is a bit less fat overall on the trunk and it looks a little more...well, not chiseled, but leaner, and we all know how I feel about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home