Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Notes

Well, that was an exciting game yesterday; today, not so much.  I really think, in that situation -- bunt, slow runner to first, you get the out there, and with the emphasis on power arms in the bullpen, you have a better shot with the K.  In the meantime, another injury, this time to Kipnis...I was telling one of my coworkers that second basemen tend not to age well after 30, certainly not 31, and he is almost here...always felt that his bulking up a few years ago was a bad idea, as it cost him flexibility, given his frame...  still think I am right.

I have to admit, the speech last nite was...well, good, for Trump.  I think he is largely correct, and while I submit to the view that it is better that we stick around forever (if need be) to keep control...not everyone feels that way, obviously.  If the generals are getting their way -- and I think that most people think highly of them -- this might be a good thing for all involved.

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/8/21/16176578/localism-sanctuary-cities-federalism-conservative-case

I think this is sort of true, but 1) No one really thinks liberals will states/localities opt out of any "advance" they've made without judicial war and 2) The other issue is that it's not fair for blue areas to hold the rest of us back, is it now?  Of course not.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/8/18/16145476/charlottesville-protest-white-supremacy

This, I think, is the reason why you should keep the statues up; at one point we (mainly Democrats, of course) thought this was a good idea; now, we do not, and we need to remember that.  I would think it would be a good thing to go and put up statues and monuments to the Union soldiers who died, the Southerners who joined the Union side, and of course, the black troops and slaves who suffered...and of course, these statues would be....larger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home