Friday, September 01, 2017

Rest is upon us

A long weekend is upon us, or at least me, and, well, I can't be happier... for one thing, I can use some sleep.  Wednesday I joined Team XI at the River Dog for Pub Quiz -- we won, it was fun -- but it was a late night, and Thursday I watched OSU far longer than I should have...  on the one hand, you have to be concerned; on the other, well, I'd like to think that yes, a team with some talent and fired up could, for a while, give a superior team a scare, but in the end, will fall short.  More importantly, the Tribe won today (the magic number is 23) in spite of, well, what some would call the usual relief pitching by the top half of the bullpen...  in the meantime, I thought the callup of Mejia to be curious; I told my coworkers I didn't think he will do anything but swing the bat...  I mean, he might get a start after the number is zero, but...  Plutko and Morimando are to be used in mop-up duty, Crockett about the same...Allen could get some time, with the OF situation what it is, though Chisehall and Almonte are back, FWIW.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-a-19th-century-president-facing-21st-century-problems/amp/

Sort of true; I think many GOPers would prefer a more limited Presidency, in every sense of the word.  Not sure it is practical nowadays, but, of course, it would be...simply by delegating more to the states and letting chips fall where they may.  I think the devolution of power would piss off some on the right, of course, as blue states did what they did, but it would also allow red states to do the same...let's not forget that.

I sort of like the Leake trade for the Mariners; they get a decent pitcher -- albeit pricey -- who can succeed in their park, and the Cardinals dump salary...  as for the other trade...well, considering the Tribe's success against him of late, I can't help but think this isn't the worst location for him to end up in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home