Monday, October 09, 2017

The Lost Weekend

So, this past weekend was the Polish Festival, and I spent all three days at my usual spot in the kitchen, cooking up potato pancakes and pierogi and doing general work there.  I also baked brownies late Thursday...all I can say is that Mattie is a very, very sleepy boy.  And tired.  Took a nap today, though the Fun Run obliterated that.  I think I am getting older; also, I am still dehydrated...didn't pee at all during the weekend, mainly because, well, it, like 100 pounds of grease, evaporated.

I hate to say, and I hope note, but this Tribe season is over... I didn't like the Bauer move in Game 1, and I also didn't like it in Game 4 -- ghosts of 1999 and a panic move once again...  I mean, I would have used Tomlin or Salazar, simply because they were fresher...it was obvious Bauer didn't have it in the first -- all the full counts to me were a sign that the stuff was off -- and then it was exacerbated by the stretch.  Kluber isn't a sure thing Wednesday, and CC will be on a short leash to the good Yankee bullpen, while Francona (remember when he was 100-0 or something in elimination games, like, in the Red Sox days?  I do!) will stay with Corey longer than he should.  More to the point, they look... beat.  Again, hope not, fear so.

https://www.eater.com/2017/10/3/16395312/olive-garden-review
I read a bunch of these articles, and I find them..well, I don't know... I think you expect a good or decent meal at a chain, but not a great one; you trade off that for the idea of consistency and regularity; i.e, I know what I am getting, for better or worse.  I've certainly had great meals at non-chain places (in some ways I prefer them) but, as I like to say, I've also had my share of "twenty minutes later I am in the gas station bathroom." No one wants to pay $30 a plate for that, either.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/boy-do-i-feel-naive-1819223797

I get a kick out of shit like this.  First of all, if journalists have to do this for stories and such...well, more power to Milo.  Second, if no one can figure out this is something of a schtick, then you are naive and dumb. Thirdly, if someone on the left -- especially, say, after the Weinstein thing -- doesn't realize they are all in bed with each other...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home