Saturday, September 30, 2017

Catching up

You know, I need to get back on the film list...watching the Vietnam series and "House of Cards," I think, has sort of put it on the back burner, not that I am put off by that, because that's good TV too.  But it would be good to hit 600 by the end of the year...and honestly, I think I can.  The main thing is that I've watched most of the shorts and stuff, so it is mainly full-length films, which of course take more time...

Tribe game last nite (thanx, Andy!); it was fun, especially since they won big, and while I am not sure it was wise to use ALL of the best relievers in a 10-1 game, I guess it was good to let them fly one more time, in a game situation with moderate stress, if that.  The Brantley move is interesting, but honestly...now is NOT the time to see if a guy healthy, but this could be me. 

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/09/27/how-breitbart-inflates-its-own-influence-and-why-reporters-fall-for-it/

This could be me, but if reporters aren't smart enough to figure this out (I know, I know), well...you would think someone else would either suggest this, or people would go and start reading other journalists.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-09-27/one-nation-of-idiots-and-evil-people

I love the line in the beginning in the story, of course.  More seriously...well, I think the answer is the reverse; people of one tribe tolerate those of the other, but at the end of the day, they want to have an intelligent conversation with like-minded people, and then you are going to go where there are more of them.  I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing -- there are only so many fools you can tolerate at the end of the day -- but it also doesn't lend itself to a solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home