Friday, October 20, 2017

A night of rest

Busy week, of a sort; helped out at the Bishop's Reception...ended up not seeing him or attending the Mass, there was that much to do.  Alas.  It's funny; I had gotten to bed fairly early Monday and Tuesday, felt better, maybe even my cold receding, and then a late nite...oi.  I got some rest last nite, but not nearly enough, and was back to feeling it today, sort of.  My workout was ok, but I ended up dropping part of the weight on the tip of my ring finger, which now...sort of smarts.  Ugh.  In the meantime, watching Game Six... hard to see Verlander not in a Tiger uniform...

Another odd managerial axing today; that of Dusty in DC.  I admit that I, like most, do not exactly respect his tactical acumen, but his teams do win and his players do like playing for him, which is something.  I am not sure firing him was the message to be sent...  Ausmus is available, as is Eric Wedge.  :)

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2017/10/18/what-peter-navarro-gets-right-on-trade-000553

I read this, and I was like...well, I mean, some parts of the narrative are a little off, but I don't think anyone really thinks that a lack of manufacturing jobs is a good thing; indeed, especially in Trump Country, this erosion of those careers has led to all sorts of ills -- poverty, drug addiction, the loss of the young -- that you can't just solve overnight.

https://psmag.com/news/should-we-fear-article-v-and-a-constitutional-convention

The only people who would fear this development are liberals, of course, who would see the gains of their dominance of the judicial branch eradicated by legislatures.  I am not sure this is a bad thing, especially because of my preference for a more limited judiciary, and also, well, someone has to reclaim the idea of states making their own policies.  I have said multiple times that once they were viewed as the laboratories of democracy -- especially by progressives -- and why this has been abandoned, especially by our side, is ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home