Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Upgrades

So, the Tribe -- maybe -- has signed Yonder Alonso for 2/$18.  My thought was first, of course, meh, followed by... he's shitty with the glove.  (Especially after Santana's departure.)  On the other hand...he had a spike year last year in power while playing in places where fly balls go to die, sort of.  So, even a regression to the mean at the P would not be awful.  More to the point, he is a lot less meh than the internal options, so...

We discussed this at work:
https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-indians-should-trade-for-manny-machado/

I sort of like it, aside from the fact he would command a king's ransom; I could see Clevinger, Allen, and say, McKenzie/Mejia for him.  For a year.  (I astutely pointed out the only idiots interested in Danny Salazar are the Tribe, which brought chuckles.)  Also, that $20 mil hike in salary might be a bit much to swallow for ownership, especially if they don't win the World Series.  On the other hand, it would, on paper, solve many Tribe issues -- 3B, 2B, LF -- all at once, and bump up the defense.  No, it doesn't solve the bullpen issue, but his bat in the lineup would be a thump, to say the least.

So, in other news... I was looking for some news on my favorite recreational activity, and while I got it..well, it was what I expected, but not what I wanted, which was very much a "roll up the map of Europe" kind of day.  Funny, because I think I glimpsed some light at the end of the tunnel with my current project and I was all Beast Mode at the gym, always a good thing.  Then, it turned...not sure why, but my stomach has felt like crap tonight...ok, it was prolly the combo of leftovers swimming through, but...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/meryl-steep-sheknew-posters-allege-weinstein-complicity-article-1.3709943

Hmm... I wonder; I mean, it's one thing to hear whispers, and another to know...and, let's face it, the people at the top are often the last to know; what was common gossip among those in the secretarial pool seldom made it upstairs, I suspect....  I also wonder how much she/anyone discounted as "buyer's remorse" from those sleeping their way up the ladder... not saying this makes it right, of course, but there is a difference, and I suspect even Hollywood can make that distinction...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home