Thursday, June 20, 2019

Reporting for duty

Blogging tonight...not that I have time for it, but, well, I sort of do... anyways, I was thinking that, for all of my problems, they are mainly of the First World variety, and not that they aren't a pain...but oh well.  Anyways, they might be able to be fixed, or at least handled, and that is something.  Alas.

As was this:
https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/06/sloppy-play-leads-to-clash-between-indians-francisco-lindor-leonys-martin-in-loss-to-texas.html
I told my coworkers (of course) it would have been far cooler if Frankie had went Captain Baseball, Jonathan Papelbon-style, on him... this could be me, but Martin -- God bless him for coming back -- has really stunk this year, and picking a fight with Lindor is... not wise?  It is a little odd, as Francona tends to make a dugout a happy place to be...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-does-the-school-day-end-two-hours-before-the-workday

This could be me, but... I would think that at the end of the day, if enough parents made a stink, some school district would have to fold and move the day back... I mean, really... you could add an extra reces or study hall, and teachers could certainly have "extra" periods built into their schedule to grade papers and such...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/opinion/religion-race-liberalism.html
 Yes/no/maybe?  I mean, I like Russ, but sometimes I think he is writing to appease some shrinking share of the NYT readership that might be receptive to his views, rather than articulating conservative policy...not all of the time, to be sure, but enough of it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home